What's the best way to burn your candle?
First. Unbox that baby and take it all in. Remove the lid and set it aside. Take in a big breath and enjoy those luscious notes that will take you to the next level.
Second. Grab your phone and set a timer for either 3 or 4 hours. (Once that alarm goes off you'll remember to blow out your candle. We all know we can all be forgetful at times. It's better to be safe than sorry.)
Third. Trim the wick to about 1/4 inch or so.
Fourth. Grab the hemp wick that came in the box with the candle. Ignite the hemp wick and use it to light the cotton wick in the candle. (You may also use the hemp wick for a session...your choice) Extinguish the hemp wick (The hemp wick bundle will come in handy when the candle is half full).
Fifth. Enjoy the aroma & vibe that your candle creates!
Final Step. Wait for your alarm to sound and gently extinguish your candle. Repeat when you need to #lightyourvibe.
Check out our ideas to repurpose your candle jar into something else here!
CANDLE SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
Always remember - YOU ARE PLAYING WITH FIRE - Appropriate precautions should be taken every time you light a candle.
The following simple steps will ensure that you can enjoy your candle in a safe way:
- Always trim your wick to 1/4" before lighting (& every time you light your candle)
- Trim off any mushroom top on your wick before lighting
- NEVER leave a burning candle unattended. You should be able to see your candle at all times
- Keep candles out of reach of pets and children
- Do not burn near drafts, vents or other flammable objects (e.g.: curtains, towels, walls, etc...)
- Always burn candles on a heat resistant surface
- Always leave a couple of inches between burning candles
- Always burn in a well ventilated room and away from drafts
- IMMEDIATELY EXTINGUISH FLAME if it smokes excessively or if flame touches container
- Do not burn a candle if the container is damaged or cracked
- Do not touch a glass container while a candle is burning!! It can be HOT!!
- Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and other debris. This is dangerous and can cause excessive smoke and soot.
- Do not extinguish by placing a lid on the container.
- Discontinue use when the wax reaches the metal wick tab. (1/4" from the bottom).
- FAILURE TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS COULD LEAD IN FIRE HAZARD, INJURY, OR SMOKE DAMAGE!